MARCH 9, 2022 | MAY 7, 2022 | SEPTEMBER 10, 2022
Your Story, Your Legacy Retreat: A Full Sensory Exploration
The greatest task in life is finding meaning and living with purpose.
It is the making of your story – and your legacy.
This full-day retreat will engage you in a thoughtful and inspiring look at the stories of how you came to be the person you are and the qualities of your life that can be a true legacy to future generations. In our sessions together you will:
- Explore the life lessons that made you stronger, wiser, and truer.
- Discover the value you have created in your life that will be meaningful to others.
- Connect with like-hearted others in a way that is affirming, encouraging, and healing.
- Engage in gentle, meditative movement that will inspire your imagination.
- Gain a deeper understanding of what matters most in your life, and how you want to be remembered.
- Leave with essential tools for making decisions and having conversations with loved ones about your legacy and end of life wishes.
Join us for a soulful day of self-discovery and spiritual companionship that will renew and strengthen you for the journey ahead.
Legacy Matters to Individuals
As we move from one part of life into another, whether by choice or circumstance, we often find ourselves asking:
- Have I lived my life’s purpose?
- Is there more for me to become?
- What value have I created in my life that will be meaningful to another?
- Do my loved ones know what has mattered most to me and how I want to be remembered?
Being able to talk about these questions with others can have a dramatic impact on how well we navigate the inevitable changes that come with any life transition, particularly as we age.
Day Retreat agenda
- Opening and Intentions for the day
- Personal introductions
- Sound meditation
- Introduction: A Guided Reflection on Life and Legacy
- Elements of Our Life Stories – reflection and writing exercises, and sharing with one another
- Gentle, intentional movement to stimulate emotional awareness
- Lunch – A mindful eating experience
- Guided, meditative walk
- Reflection, writing, and sharing continued
- More gentle, intentional movement
- Tending to End of Life Matters
- Sound meditation
Wednesday, March 9, 2022 @ 9:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday, May 7, 2022 @ 9:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday, September 10, 2022 @ 9:00am – 4:00pm
Price per person: $120.00
Price includes: Program and Lunch
Mary Price Dunn is founder of The Legacy Workshop, and is passionate about leading transformational conversations that bridge the spiritual dimensions of life with the practical.
As a distinguished leader in the nonprofit sector, Mary has pioneered programs to engage people – just as they are – in courageous and hopeful change. While serving as CEO of a charitable foundation, she developed a groundbreaking, grassroots initiative to help people build stronger, healthier communities in the rural towns and villages of New Mexico. It continues changing lives today.
Later, as a consultant helping nonprofits build organizational and resource capacity, Mary recognized that “legacy” holds a much deeper meaning for most people than the property we leave behind at the end of life.