NOV. 10-12, 2017: CROSSING OVER: EXPLORING TRANSITIONS RETREAT
LED BY TAMMY DEVINE, WITH WORSHIP/MUSIC BY MICHAEL LARSON
What are Exploring Transitions Retreats?
The Exploring Transitions Retreats are a part of our 3rd Chapter of Life “Explore Your Life’s Calling” ministry. These retreats are for those who are either nearing or currently living in their 3rd Chapter of Life–which is not necessarily a defined age category–who are seeking exploration and guidance in their times of transition. Each of the retreats offer the rhythm of liturgy that includes:
- Individual & small group reflection
All this is done within a sacred, safe space where participants are invited to pause, listen and gain clarity. Whatever your transition, come away to the desert to listen, discern, discover and connect with God and others in transition. Consider coming early or staying on for time to rest and renew.
November 10-12 retreat: “Crossing Over”
In this retreat, you are invited to take the time to: Stop… Reflect… Consider… what life’s transitions mean in the way of letting go, listening and trusting God’s guidance as you cross into the unknown.”
Transitions retreats center around wholeness for body soul and mind. They purposely include
- Sabbath rest
- Reflective music
- Poetry, Short Stories
- Contemplative silence
- Group circles to share, explore, and provide self-examination and discovery.
Crossing Over is recommended for those life transitions such as:
- Retirement or near/retirement
- A major move or job change
- New “empty nesters”
- Loss of spouse/partner
About the Presenters:
- Tammy Devine, Deacon, RN, ELCA Wellness Manager, Portico Benefit Services. Tammy is a strategic and systemic whole person promoter of well-being, through both education and inspiration, throughout the ELCA and beyond. She collaborates with thought leaders to facilitate and motivate whole person lifestyle choices and serves as an external wellness consultant and coach to integrate well-being.
- Michael Larson, Director of Worship, Arts & Service at Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, Olympia WA. Michael graduated from the Master of Theological Studies program at Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary, in Berkeley, CA. His studies focused on music as local theology. “I was raised going to a Lutheran church every Sunday—listening to radio on the way—it makes sense to me that these two things can be joined together. I’m interested in pointing to the presence of God in all of life and removing the false divisions between sacred and everything else.”
Cost Per Person:
Package for Lodging & Commuters Includes: Lodging, Meals, and Program [All rooms have private baths.] Retreat begins 4 pm on November 10, and ends 11am on November 12.
$425 – Private Room [limited availability]
$345 – Double Occupancy
$210 – Commuter [Meals & Program only]
Cancellation Policy: Full refunds of deposit/payment less 15% handling fee, will be given up to 90 days before the event. After 90 days, no refunds are given. We do expect a waiting list for these events. Should we be able to replace a cancellation (exact exchange) a full refund less 15% handling fee will be given.