APRIL 8-10, 2022
Empowering Enneagram: Discover, Connect & Transform Your Life with this Dynamic Tool
Know yourself, build community, empower each other, break down barriers and enable peaceful coexistence at this EMPOWERING ENNEAGRAM retreat.
The only people who do not believe that the Enneagram is true are those who do not understand it or have never used it well.Fr. Richard Rohr, in Falling Upward
Richard Rohr wrote that the Enneagram roots can be found in the three thousand year old story Odyssey where Ulysses encountered nine challenges (people) in order to get home and become whole.
The Enneagram has been used since ancient times to build community, empower each other, minimalize violence, and enable peaceful coexistence. Today’s Enneagram is an effective tool for peace and understanding and for minimalizing violence, sexism, bullying, and racism. This tool has been used to build more meaningful relationships and breakdown barriers (race, gender, culture, country, creed).
The Enneagram has profoundly helped spiritual directors and pilgrims for decades. It enables powerful insights into human behavior observable in literature and human behavior for thousands of years (as far back as Homers “Odyssey”). The Enneagram is also very popular with younger adults and families. The Catholic church has seen significant growth in a new generation seeking to find greater person growth and spiritual direction. Many congregations utilize this resource as an outreach tool.
There will quality time together and meaningful free time for relaxation, socializing, and/or reflection.
++Dr. Driver-Bishop will be offering free advanced “typing interviews” between sessions for those who are unsure of their type.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, April 8
- 3:00p Check In, Free Time
- 5:30p Dinner
- 7:00p Introductions ~ Enneagram has been used since ancient times to help build healthy communities. We will take time to get to know each other on this journey. This is also a time introduction to the Enneagram from a spiritual perspective. Please make every effort to arrive in a timely manner. Let’s all take the journey together.
- 8:30p Hospitality Poolside
Saturday, April 9
- 7:00a Yoga (optional)
- 8:00a Breakfast
- 9:00a Revelations ~ Enneagram is a helpful tool for understanding our strengths and weaknesses. We will take time to access gifts and challenges to each type. Further explorations of wings, triads, and behavior during times of growth or stress will be explored. Together we will see why the Enneagram has been so helpful to spiritual directors for many years.
- 11:00a Open
- 12:00p Lunch
- 1:00p Open
- 2:00p Community of Faith ~ Enneagram has been used since ancient times to help build healthy communities. We will take time to get to know each other on this journey. This is also a time introduction to the Enneagram from a spiritual perspective. Please make every effort to arrive in a timely manner. Let’s all take the journey together.
- 4:00p Open
- 5:30p Dinner
- 7:00p Celebration ~ An opportunity to share learnings and new insights utilizing media, song, pictures, and stories. Each of us will use our creativity and abilities to share insights with a caring and accepting group.
- 8:30p Hospitality
Sunday, April 10
- 7:00a Nature Walk (Islands of Silence, Prayer Path)
- 8:00a Breakfast and Checkout
- 9:30a The Third Testament ~ Final time together is an opportunity to reflect of next steps. A “testament” or “covenant” is a commitment to self and others. Enneagram can be what St Francis of Assisi called “an instrument of peace”. How can we be better peace makers in the world?
- 11:00a Closing Worship and Sending
- 12:00p Lunch
- The Complete Enneagram: 27 Paths to Greater Self Knowledge by Dr. Beatrice Chestnut
- The Enneagram Guide to Waking Up: Find Your Path, Face Your Shadow, Discover Your True Self by Dr. Beatrice Chestnut and Uranio Paes
Typing Assessment in Advance
- We recommend participants take the typing assessment tool in advance.
Friday – Sunday, April 8-10, 2022
Price per person:
- One person, private room : $415 per person
- Two people, two in a room : $340 per person
- Three people, three in a room : $300 per person
Price includes: Three days of programming, two nights lodging and 6 meals (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners).
Guests may arrange with Spirit in the Desert to arrive early and depart late for an extra fee.
Call 480.488.5218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
All are welcome to this Desert Sojourn Retreat at Spirit in the Desert Retreat Center in Carefree, Arizona!
Rev. Dr. Robert Driver-Bishop has a transformational doctorate in spirituality and provides comprehensive spiritual direction and organizational guidance, and regularly leads workshops for churches, staff retreats, synod events, and national leadership gatherings. He is an Accredited Executive Clifton Strength Finders coach certified by Gallup, has advanced academic certification with Enneagram, and studies at Jung Center.
Dr. Driver-Bishop is certified in only processes recognized by American Psychological Association and American Counseling Association and taught by psychology professor emeritus from Loyola Jesuit University in Chicago. He has advanced certifications from Dr Jerry Wagner and Dr Beatrice Chestnut (The Complete Enneagram and The Enneagram Guide to Waking Up: Find Your Path, Face Your Shadow, Discover Your True Self).
Pastor Bob served as the national Director of Interpretation for ELCA. He has written in Lutheran Voices and Book of Faith series. He is dedicated to leading spiritual gifts workshops on the organic Enneagram (right brain) or the scientifically based Strength Finders (left brain) and has advanced certifications in both. Visit Driver-Bishop’s website at www.SpiritStrengths.org. His wife, Terri, served as assistant to Bishop for Northern Illinois for 10 years.