Rev. Dave Ellingson, the Paddle Pilgrim, has taught courses in spirituality, environmental ethics, human development, and youth ministry at Trinity Lutheran College in Everett, Wash. He is a Lutheran pastor, author, Master Gardner, former distance runner and triathlete, and has a Doctorate in Holistic Health.
Dave is married and is the father of five grown children. He readily admits that from the earliest age, his middle name has been activity!! He lives in Edmonds, WA.
Dave Ellingson is the author of seven books:
- Paddle Pilgrim: Kayaking the Fjords of Norway;
- Paddle Pilgrim: Kayaking the Erie Canal and Hudson River to the Statue of Liberty;
- Paddle Pilgrim: An Adventure of Spirit and Learning Kayaking the Mississippi River;
- Say What? A Fresh Look at Old Sayings;
- Biblical Wisdom for a Digital Age;
- My Body, My Life: How you can combine prayer, praise, and the spiritual with work, play, and the physical for a healthier and more joyful Christian life; and
- Grizz and His Friends, about a big, old bear with lots of friends.
Dave is the retreat leader for Go Outside at Play in March, 2022.