NOVEMBER 15 – 18, 2022 & FEBRUARY 7 – 10, 2023
Leading Well Training Experience
JOIN US . . . For a four-day training experience for pastors and church leaders that offers practical learning, Sabbath rest, and support.
TWO RETREAT DATES are being offered this year: Fall 2022 (November 15 – 18, 2022) and Winter 2023 (February 7 – 10, 2023)
- Renew yourself through worship, prayer, rest and fellowship.
- Practice living and leading well as you build on your gifts and strengths.
- Inspire team members to be creative, collaborative and conscious of God’s presence in their lives.
- Learn ways to interpret your ministry context and adapt to changing ministry environment.
- Gain wisdom from your colleagues around a variety of ministry issues.
DAY ONE – Tuesday
- Reflections and stories about living well
- Reflections and stories about leading well
- Learning to be present and curious
DAY TWO – Wednesday
- Listening to Scripture and each other
- Naming God’s activity
- Storytelling as the basis for discipleship
- Storytelling as the basis for stewardship
- Embedding storytelling into uour churches
DAY THREE – Thursday
- Embracing disruptive changes as doors to deeper mission
- Anticipating and preparing for disruption
- Rethinking our congregational norms
DAY FOUR – Friday
- Creative crowd-sourcing session
- Using crowd-sourcing in or congregations
- Naming our ONE THING and ONE WORD
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS EXPERIENCE?
- Pastors of small and large churches who desire to raise up spiritual elders.
- Diaconal ministers and program staff who work with ministry teams.
- Diaconal and health ministers who support wellness ministry initiatives.
- Newly called ministry leaders who seek to rethink and reimagine ministry in new ways.
- Judicatory leaders seeking develop healthy cultures and systems in faith communities.
LEADING WELL FACILITATORS
Your facilitators for the Leading Well Learning Retreat include:
- Tammy Devine, Facilitator, Worship Leader & Spirituality Coach
- Jim LaDoux, Retreat Host, Facilitator & Coach
- Matthew Short, Worship Leader & Chaplain
- John Weit, Musician, Artist, Thought Leader and Retreat Facilitator
COSTS | WHAT’S INCLUDED?
Price per person (fees vary based on the type of accommodation chosen):
- One person, private room : $1,000 per person
- Two people, two in a room : $900 per person, shared bathroom
- Commuter Off-site housing : $675 per person (9 meals & hospitality incl. on site)
- Special rate for non-participating spouse in shared room: $450 per person
All-inclusive Program Fee includes tuition, event preparation, participant materials, housing (if desired), 9 meals and on-site hospitality.
For Approved Siebert Grant Participants: Please register using the “SIEBERT” options. NO PAYMENT IS REQUIRED for Double accommodations. A payment of $150 is required for those requesting a Single room (for Medical Reasons Only!). NOTE: The number of single rooms available at Spirit in the Desert is limited. Rooms will be reserved on a first come-first served basis. Off-site accommodations are also available (commuter rates apply).
For those staying at Spirit in the Desert: For Early Arrival, please make arrangements directly with Guest Services at Spirit in the Desert, 480.488.5218 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment for early arrivals will be collected by Spirit in the Desert.
The Leading Well Retreat is developed and produced through Vibrant Faith.