NOVEMBER 16 – 19, 2021
Leading Well Learning Retreat
JOIN US . . . for a four-day training experience for pastors, diaconal ministers and church leaders that offers practical learning, Sabbath rest and collegial support.
- Renew yourself through worship, prayer, rest and fellowship.
- Practice living and leading well as you build on your gifts and strengths.
- Inspire team members to be creative, collaborative and conscious of God’s presence in their lives.
- Learn ways to interpret your ministry context and adapt to changing ministry environment.
- Gain wisdom from your colleagues around a variety of ministry issues.
DAY ONE – Tuesday
- Becoming a Healing Community
- Learning the Rhythm of Ceasing
- Naming Intentions for the Week
DAY TWO – Wednesday
- Rest As Resistance
- Longings and Losses
- Naming Competing Commitments
DAY THREE – Thursday
- Becoming a Place of Healing
- Spiritual Growth & Communal Listening
- Living the Priesthood of All Believers
DAY FOUR – Friday
- Naming Tools for the Journey Together (Crowd-sourcing)
- Designing Your Leadership Plan
- Blessing in Our Baptismal Call
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS EXPERIENCE?
- Pastors of small and large churches who desire to work from a sense of rest and renewal.
- Diaconal ministers and program staff who work with ministry teams.
- Diaconal and health ministers who support wellness ministry initiatives.
- Newly called ministry leaders who seek to rethink and reimagine ministry in new ways.
- Judicatory leaders seeking develop healthy cultures and systems in faith communities.
LEADING WELL FACILITATORS
Your facilitators for the Leading Well Learning Retreat include:
- Tammy Devine, Worship Leader, Facilitator & Coach
- Jim LaDoux, Retreat Host, Facilitator & Coach
- Matthew Short, Worship Leader, Facilitator & Chaplain
- John Weit, Musician & Facilitator
COSTS | WHAT’S INCLUDED?
Price per person (fees vary based on the type of accommodation chosen):
- One person, private room : $950 per person (*Available for Medical Reasons Only!)
- Two people, two in a room : $850 per person, shared bathroom
- Commuter Off-site housing : $650 per person (9 meals & hospitality incl. on site)
- Special rate for non-participating spouse in shared room: $450 per person
All-inclusive Program Fee includes tuition, event preparation, participant materials, housing (if desired), 9 meals and on-site hospitality.
For Approved Siebert Grant Participants: Please register using the “SIEBERT” options. NO PAYMENT IS REQUIRED for Double accommodations. A payment of $150 is required for those requesting a Single room (for Medical Reasons Only!). NOTE: The number of single rooms available at Spirit in the Desert is limited. Rooms will be reserved on a first come-first served basis for those with legitimate medical needs. Off-site accommodations are also available (commuter rates apply).
For those staying at Spirit in the Desert: For Early Arrival, please make arrangements directly with Guest Services at Spirit in the Desert, 480.488.5218 or email@example.com. Payment for early arrivals will be collected by Spirit in the Desert.
The Leading Well Retreat is developed and produced through Vibrant Faith.